Coil cars have been built with capacities up to 80,000 pounds. Coil cars are individually designed to interface with the customer's existing turnstile and uncoiler or recoiler mandrels
- Coil cars are made with heavy plate steel and have a machined base frame.
- A Demag wheelblock system, with a two-wheel direct drive system, is used to eliminate any chains or belts.
- Non-J.I.C. hydraulic power units are custom designed for onboard mounting.
- Replaceable Sure-Alloy wear strips are used for increased life and to provide ease of maintenance.
- Adjustable brass guides are used to prevent lateral motion due to off-center loading.
- Quality commercial components are used, including Parker Hannifin cylinders and valves, PCI cam followers, and Char-Lynn motors.
- Coil hold-down arms or movable posts are available to secure slit coils.
- A roller conveyor deck can be supplied for non-turnstile applications.
- Remote control, utilizing heavy duty Remtron hardware, is available.