Pit type coil cars have been built with capacities up to 80,000 pounds. Coil cars are designed to accommodate the customer's specific products and can be fit into existing pits.
- Pit type coil cars are made of heavy plate steel with a machined lift frame.
- A Demag wheelblock system, with a centrally mounted drive, is used to eliminate any chains or belts.
- Non-J.I.C. hydraulic power units are custom designed for onboard mounting.
- Quality commercial components are used, including Parker Hannifin cylinders and valves, PCI cam followers, and Char-Lynn motors.
- Four wheel drive is available for unbalanced loads.
- Driven blocker rollers are available to rotate the coil.
- A telescoping pit guarding system is available to cover the pit.
- Remote control, utilizing heavy duty Remtron hardware, is available.